[EM] Motivation for Chiastic Approval (XA)

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:03:11 PDT 2016

Thanks for the explanation--That completely answers my question about the
reason for the XA rule.

With Forest's examples of how XA does very well in chicken-dilemma
situations, XA could be one of the very few methods that meets FBC &
doesn't have a problem with the chicken-dilemma.   ...without MMPO's
Plurality Criterion failure, and the resulting criticism-causing
bad-example shown by Kevin Venzke.

I'd use it like Approval, top-rating my entire top-set, and bottom-rating
everyone else.   ...except that if I expected likely chicken-dilemma
defection from the faction of a member of my top-set, I'd use Forest's
strategy of giving them a 1/3 rating.

But I've only read these postings once, and this is a complicated topic
that calls for more than one reading, and the study of examples. I'm sure
that I wouldn't, today, be qualified to vote in an XA election.

Michael Ossipoff