[EM] MaxMinPA

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:48:56 PDT 2016

This is the third of three parts of this reply:

I don't have any particular justification for my suggestion that, when
there's no top-set, the approval-cutoff be at the midrange of the
candidates' merit (not counting unwinnable undesirables).

The midrange  just definitely makes more sense than the mean.

So your suggestion for when there's no top-set might very well be better.

I must admit that I don't know what advice should be given if there's no
top-set.

There's no justification for my midrange suggestion, other than that I
claim it's better than the mean.

I'm interested in this problem--Approval cutoff when there's no top-set--&
so I'm interested in anything that can be said for you suggestion.  ...what
suggested it, etc.

I'm referring to:

INT((sum/max)) candidates approved.

Michael Ossipoff