[EM] Shortest splitline maps with 2010 (2013) data

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Nov 28 12:01:50 PST 2016

On 11/27/2016 11:17 PM, Raph Frank wrote:
> I have improved the population balancing and the html formatting.
>
> The new link is at
>
> http://raphfrk.com/district/2010/html/index.html

Perhaps you could try a Sierpinski space-filling curve approximation
next? http://rangevoting.org/SpaceFillCurve.html

In essence, you use a space-filling curve to turn the 2D map into 1D,
trivially partition the line, then map back. I imagine you'd have to use
postprocessing to even out the fractal boundaries a little, however, and
to ensure that the districts are contiguous, but it's conceptually a
very simple algorithm.