[EM] The Electoral College could lead to civil war.

⸘Ŭalabio‽ Walabio at MacOSX.Com
Sun Nov 20 23:01:13 PST 2016

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 23:11:32 -0500
From: "robert bristow-johnson" <rbj at audioimagination.com>
To: "EM" <election-methods at lists.electorama.com>
Subject: Re: [EM] The Electoral College could lead to civil war.

>> 	Small states hoped that this would boost their influence on the election of the President. It does not:

> 	hey, one of the arguments people are making for ditching the so-called Electoral College **is** that it grants voters in Wyoming and Vermont and D.C. much more weight than voters in California or Texas. ?as in this:

> 	http://onsizzle.com/i/electoral-college-math-the-population-of-california-is-38-800-000-the-4175736

> 	so you have people on your own side that disagree with your claim above.

	This time around, the 6 3-electoral-vote states and the District of Columbia were either in-the-bag or out-of-reach, so were all ignored.  A little state could be a swing state, but so could a big state.

>> 	The looser pays 1 thousand registered voters who did not plan to vote 1 thousand dollars to vote for him and confirm the vote by taking a selfy with the completed ballot  —— ?this is why BallotSelfies should be illegal, as they are in many places! The Looser now caries California and wins the Electoral College 270 to 268.

>> 	?The Cheater just used the Electoral College as an huge ForceMultiplier!:

>> 	It would take changing 3 million popular votes under that scenario to achieve the same effect without the Electoral College. ?That is a 3-thousand-to-1 multiplier!

> 	you could have the Cheater cheating an election with popular vote, too. ?if it comes out close, with the popular vote the recount and re-examination would be nationwide.

	Certainly.  The fact that the cheater would have to payoff 3 thousand times as many voters  ——  ¡even the Koch-Brothers could not afford that!  ——  to win the election is no problem at all.

	¿What is the point of your criticism?  Do not get me wrong; I need all of the constructive criticism I can get, but all you gave me are non sequiturs.