[EM] Small National Assembly. Bottom-Up Government

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:19:47 PST 2016

Fred & Monkey-Puzzle--

EM notified me that some of the e-mails to me were bouncing. That means
that I'd better regularly check the archives for new postings.

When I checked today, I noticed that the replies in this thread never
reached me, and must have been the ones that were bounced from my account.

Thanks for the replies, which I'll reply to in order of posting. Replying
to Fred now, and to Monkey Puzzle next.

Fred--

Thanks for your favorable words about the Bottom-Up system.

Yes, the national-majoritarianism consideration isn't everything. The many
important advantages of Bottom-Up outweigh the matter of national
majoritarianism.

The absence of a count-fraud problem, when elections take place in a
meeting-room, and the ease of organizing such a government, by themselves,
count for a lot.

The initial organization of a new government would be a lot easier. It
wouldn't be necessary to agree nationally on a voting-system, or a
Constitution, or any national structure. Local places could meet and govern
themselves, and send a representative to the next higher level.

National matters, such as a Constitution, could be decided later, when the
Bottom-Up government has been put-together all the way up to the national
level.

Working from the bottom, with local assemblies agreeing with eachother to
send their representatives to some agreed-upon regional place, for the next
higher level of government (...and so on, on up), would do.

Whether a new government will be formed from scratch, will remain to be
seen.  It would depend on whether it's possible to get democracy within the
currently-existing government, or whether people finally just give up on
that forlorn hope.

If disgust with the current phony democracy becomes pretty much universal
and unanimous, and if democracy is never granted to us under current rule,
then maybe the bottom-up formation of a new government will be natural and
spontaneous.

Michael Ossipoff

Need for initial organizing or initil agreement on a large geographical
scale would be minimal or nonexistent.