[EM] Trying to have CD, protect strong top-set, and protect middle candidates too

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:21:06 PST 2016

Alright, thanks!  That answers my question about how one of your
Approval/Pairwise proposals (Pairwise-Sorted Approval)  relate to these
goals, and it means that, there's a good,brief and natural definition
that's equivalent to Smith//Approval.

That's briefly-defined enough to be in the list of methods that should be
offered to the public and to the initiative proposal committee when a
voting-system reform is being considered.

Your other Approval/Pairwise method that I remember, the Approval
Cover-Ladder method, is probably too complicated though.

I'm looking at some of the old proposals, including MDDA, MDDTR, MAMPO,
MMD-Bucklin, etc, that might do well by the standards that I spoke of.

I personally prefer MDDTR to MDDA, if people only use below-top ranking
when absolutely necessary in a chicken-dilemma situation. ...because I'd
rather have CD than routine use of middle ranking.

But, especially if the method wouldn't always be used in that way, MDDA
would be a lot safer from an embarrassing & bad result due to its poor
protection from burial.

Michael Ossipoff