[EM] Symmetric ICT reformulation and exploration

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:28:09 PST 2016

Yes, but ICT defines "beat" in a wordier way that people hear as
complicated.

At EM, I can say "majority-defeated", because people here know what that
means, that I'm referring to pairwise-defeats. But otherwise I'd have to
say it differently. Here's how I'd define MDDTR to the public.

Majority-Disqualification:

You rate each candidate "Top", "Middle", or "Bottom". If you don't rate a
candidate, that counts as rating hir "Bottom".

The winner is the most top-rated candidate who doesn't have anyone rated
over hir by a majority.

(If each candidate has someone ranked over hir by a majority, then the
winner is the most favorite candidate.)

(end of definition)

I'd call the method "Majority-Disqualification".

Michael Ossipoff