[EM] Forest: ER Bucklin vs ATDT (Michael Ossipoff)

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:56:29 PST 2016

As for voting in MDDTR, of course, as always, one would top-rate one's
strong top-set, and bottom-rate one's strong bottom-set.

For the inbetweens, if there are any (and there probably would be some, for
me):

Top-Count:

Whan you rank someone below top, you don't give them a top-count vote, for
the comparison of the un-disqualified candidates. But, ideally, if there's
no indifference, then there'd only be one un-disqualified candidate: The
CWs.

Anyway, a demoted candidate can't be expected to be fully supported as well
as a strong top-set candidate.

A top-vote could matter, too, if everyone were majority-beaten. But that's
a relatively unlikely snafu, especially if the 1st-choice supporters of the
CWse (expected or evident CWs) are defensively plumping, or if there's even
a convincing threat that they will..

Majority Disqualifications:

II'd probably rank all of the inbetweens sincerely, below top & above
bottom.    ...confident that, if there isn't a significant amount of
indifference about the CWs (and surely that's the least likely candidate
for people to be indifferent about), and if there isn't successful
pairwise-count offensive strategy (Truncation won;t work, and burial is
deterred by the threat of defensive plumping), then the CWs will win.
...just by virtue of the majority-disqualifications.

Voting a candidate over those less-liked, thereby contributing to the
majority-disqualification of those less-liked, is all the protection that
you need to give that candidate.

Yes MDDTR needs to not have significant indifference about the CWs, for it
to work well, but, for an electorate not indifferent about the CWs, MDDTR
avoids the big avoidable problems, by meeting FBC, CD, & having wv-like
strategy.

Michael Ossipoff