[EM] Anti-defection strategy device for IBIFA

C.Benham cbenham at adam.com.au
Sun Nov 6 06:45:16 PST 2016

I'm afraid that I am now aware that this method fails FBC, so I withdraw
this method suggestion.

20: F=C >> B
07: F > C=B
25: B
48: W

We are looking at this from the perspective of  the 20 F=C >> B voters
who are top-rating F and C and
only giving "conditional approval" to B.  (The candidates full names
could be Favourite, Compromise,
Bad, Worst).

Top Ratings scores:   W48 >  F27 > B25 > C20.

Because F's  TR score is higher than B's, the 20 F=C voters
"conditional" approval of B doesn't count,
so IBIFA elects W.

But if the 20 F=C voters drop F from Top Rating F then the conditional
approval of B would count the same
as normal approval and so then IBIFA  would elect B, a candidate those
voters prefer to W, so the method fails
FBC.

Chris Benham