[EM] FBC, center squeeze, and CD

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:41:22 PDT 2016

Because it's so brief, let me state the conditional(u) option, for
Approval, and for Bucklin:

Approval:

If a ballot conditionally approves a candidate, then it gives an approval
to that candidate only if that vote-receiving candidate has more
unconditional approvals than does any candidate unconditionally approved by
that ballot.

Bucklin:

1. At 1st rank:

In the 1st round, if a ballot gives conditional 1st ranking to a candidate,
that 1st ranking is given only if that vote-receiving candidate is
unconditionally 1st-ranked on more ballots than is any candidate
unconditionally 1st ranked on that ballot.

2. At any rank other than 1st:

In a round, at some non-1st rank, if a ballot gives a conditional vote to a
candidate, then that ballot gives that candidate a vote in that round only
if that vote-receiving candidate has a higher vote-total (as of just before
that round) than any candidate unconditionally 1st-ranked on that ballot.

Michael Ossipoff