[EM] Approval Strategy, SODA, SARA, etc.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:53:01 PDT 2016

,
Yes, for drawing the Approval cutoff in the uncertain zone, this is a good
way to estimate where the expected winner-merit is, using only an estimate
of the relative win-probabilities of the definite top-set & the definite
bottom-set. And the only distribution-assumption is within the uncertain
region, instead of a global distribution assumption.

The estimate about the relative win-probabilites of the definite top &
bottom sets makes it unnecessary to make estimates about wider-scale
distribution, and is arguably a more reliable thing to estimate.

But of course, as you know, if these are official public elections, then
we're talking about elections in a better future, like what I call "the
Green scenario", not the questionably-valid current political system, in
which it's in the 99%'s interest to use the completely easy & simple
strategy of approving only their top-set, the progressive candidates, in an
Approval election.

Michael Ossipoff