[EM] Fwd: Electowiki account

Kristofer Munsterhjelm via Election-Methods election-methods at lists.electorama.com
Sat Dec 31 03:59:13 PST 2016

On 12/30/2016 02:54 AM, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> Thanks for the note, Toby.  I went ahead and blindly gave User:Toby on
> Electowiki "confirmed" status.  Assuming that's your account, you may
> now be able to edit pages there.
>
> I also sent a note to Dreamhost about the bounce I received from the
> mailing list related to your email.  I'm not sure what's going on
> there, but there could be a problem with email between Dreamhost
> (where the mailing list and the wiki is) and yahoo.co.uk.
>
> In general, the Electowiki content has become dated and harder than it
> should be to update.  I'd like to keep hosting the content I'm
> licensed to host, but I also would be just as happy to get out of the
> content hosting business and rely on other mechanisms to share
> content.

I'd also like to note that your mail (the one I'm quoting) is the last
one that my mail client shows me the name of the person sending it in
the From field. Everything sent to EM that's more recent than your post
here shows up as being from the list rather than the person. Did you
change anything? I find it useful to see who it's from, though I suppose
some antispam systems may trigger falsely.

As for Electowiki, perhaps you could give someone else privileges to
approve users -- or choose the Wikipedia model where anyone (possibly
except spammers) can edit.

There also seems to be something odd going on with the EM archives.
Although the index doesn't work (only ranges back to 2015, see
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/
), it's possible to manually go to earlier points (e.g.
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2006-November/date.html),
though in that case, the by-thread view seems to be busted.