[EM] The Global Fight For Electoral Justice: A Primer

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 18:38:39 PST 2016

Hi folks,

I'm new to this list, though not new to the issues it discusses. I wanted
to let you know about an article I've just published that's intended as a
primer around electoral reform issues (written for an American audience but
with an international perspective):

https://medium.com/@xirzon/the-global-fight-for-electoral-justice-a-primer-834ad8cb3b75

The primer intentionally does not go into detail as to the inner workings
of each method, but instead is focused on identifying commonality and
building solidarity between different reform movements around the world. My
goal was to frame this in a way that helps people get engaged on these
topics who've previously not been. This is therefore also a politically
opinionated piece rather than a neutral one that's purely focused on the
advantages/disadvantages of different voting methods. So, plenty to
disagree with I'm sure.

I worked in some expert feedback beforehand, but if you do see minor/major
errors, please do let me know and I can still correct them. And if this
primer is helpful, feel free to use it in your own work; the text is in the
public domain.

Warmly,

Erik