[EM] new simple legal strategy to get IRV

Clinton Mead clintonmead at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:08:31 PDT 2015

How did the 2009 Burlington Vermont Mayoral "fail"? It was one of the rare
cases where it didn't elect the Condorcet winner, but unlike plurality, at
least it didn't elect the Condorcet loser out of the three strongest
candidates. IRV in this case gave a more representative result than would
have been the case with plurality. And in almost all cases IRV does this.