[EM] new simple legal strategy to get IRV

Juho Laatu juho.laatu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 01:00:12 PDT 2015

I just note that there can be also simple ballots like in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_list (see the picture). If one wants to expand that to ranked ballots with high number of candidates, one could simply allow the voter to write multiple numbers in the ballot instead of only one. One could thus cast a ranked vote by writing few numbers, e.g. "23 74 74 5 234 321".

The ballot could be as small as in the picture and still allow ranking of e.g. 5 candidates.

Juho