[EM] Approval seeded by MinGS (etrw)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Jun 5 11:36:01 PDT 2015

Chris,

in the second example the symmetrically completed ballots are

27 A
 11 A>C
 11 C>A
 02 C
 11 C>B
 11 B>C
 27 B

Candidate C, the IA-MPO winner, is ranked on 46 ballots.  Neither A nor B
is top ranked on more than 38 ballots.  So it seems to me that Plurality is
not violated.

In summary, IA-MPO does not violate the strong version of Plurality on the
symmetrically completed ballots, and does not violate the (original) weaker
version of Plurality (what I called Plurality') when applied to the
original ballots.  I think it is too early to throw it out.

Forest

Forest