[EM] Approval ballots. Two to elect. Best method? (Andy Jennings)

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Dec 2 10:39:24 PST 2015

How about thie following ideas?

Elect the pair that covers the most voters (i.e. that leaves the fewest
voters with nobody that they approved elected).  In case of ties, among
tied pairs elect the one whose weaker member has the most approval.

Or this variant:  If no pair covers more than 70 percent of the voters,
elect the pair that covers the greatest number of voters.  Otherwise
consider all pairs that cover at least 70 percent of the voters to be
tied.  Then among tied pairs, elect the one whose weaker member has the
greatest approval.