[EM] Highly-expressive preference voting

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Mon Aug 31 16:38:46 PDT 2015

On 8/30/15 9:30 PM, James Kislanko wrote:
> Y'all are still jumping into areas I didn't mention.

that may be true.

> Succinctly, all I'm saying is that you cannot derive my personal
> pairwise preferences from a ranked ballot.

you may be saying that, but it isn't true.  unless your personal
pairwise preferences are circular.  and that i don't buy.

for a single voter who is not schizophrenic, if the voter prefers A over
B and prefers B over C, that voter also prefers A over C.

> I'm not talking about the even more complicated question of counting
> votes.

understood.  we'll fry them fish when it comes to that.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com