[EM] Party lists and candidate multiwinner elections

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:01:46 PDT 2014

Hmm. With only 2 seats, I would think group A would get both since
they are so overwhelmingly larger than groups B and C.  Otherwise the
voters in group A are very underrepresented as compared to the voters
in group B. I.e. Group B has a very disproportionately large share of
seats given its small fraction of voters.  There ideally should be 3
seats in this case.  IMO, the number of seats should range flexibly
within certain values, allowing the number of seats to slightly change
in order to make the proportionality fairer.  Are there any systems
like that?

--

Kathy Dopp
Town of Colonie, NY 12304