[EM] How choice of voting systems depend on amount of participants

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Wed Oct 8 22:32:11 PDT 2014

On 10/8/2014 1:01 AM, Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
 > That's not quite what I was thinking about. More like this:
 >
 > 1. Hold an election.
 > 2. If candidate X has a majority, you're done; elect X.
 > 3. Otherwise, wait k weeks and
 > 4. Go to 1.

 > Or was that how the Electoral College was originally intended to work?

If you change the word "weeks" to "hours" then that's the way the
Electoral College was designed to work.  The same law is still in
effect.  However, modern conventions (which include indirect ways of
blocking "third" parties) have prevented the need to go beyond step 2.

Richard Fobes