[EM] Preferential Party-List Proportional Representation (PPLPR)

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 6 17:19:03 PST 2014

Hi Vidar,

Here are two personal reasons, purely my own feelings:

1. I'm interested to try to identify the stance of the median voter. A single-winner
election seems to be the most direct way to try to get this. A party list system
seems to delay the question for later, and may not preserve the original information.
For instance, it could be that there are no parties targeting the median voter, due
to it being sufficient or more effective to target other voters.

2. If it's decided to use a proportional method, then there are plenty of methods
that I'm fine with. I understand that different priorities could lead to proposing
different proportional methods, but I just can't get excited about it.

Kevin