No subject

Thu May 8 11:58:05 PDT 2014

very similar candidates such as Nader & Camejo shouldn't run against
eachother in November, but there's no reason why they can't in our poll). I
nominate Nader, even though he might not need nomination since it's known
that he'll probably run.

No need to nominate Sharpton, because he's a declared candidate for the
Democrat nomination.
He's already a candidate.

So let's have 3 days for nomination. Let's say that the deadline for
nominations is 1200 GMT, on 12 February,  '04.

Nominations should be sent to EM.

The voting methods:

For this poll, which doesn't have to choose one winner, there's no point
using Voter's Choice.

Though we chose Approval as the best voting system, it's advantageous to do
the poll by a variety of methods, to demonstrate the methods, to try the
methods out.

So let's also nominate methods. Same nomination deadline for methods: 12
February, 1200 GMT.

Let's use every nominated method. If someone nominates a method that isn't
feasible for anyone else to count, then of course the nominator would have
to count it.

Let's stick with 1--balloting methods, to minimize what is asked of voters.

We'll find the winner by every nominated method. It isn't a  problem if
different methods choose different winners. That would be instructive aboiut
the methods.

I nominate Approval,  Ranked-Pairs, and BeatpathWinner/CSSD. Those Condorcet
methods in their wv version.

Should we use CR? Maybe, since it's a good public proposal. But maybe not,
because Approval makes strategic CR redundant. And it's impossible to prove
that a CR ballot is sincere. We could ask for sincere ballots, but some
sincere ballots will look strategic (mine would).

CR is good in public elections, but I suggest that the fact that we're using
Approval makes it unnecessary to also use CR.

So I don't nominate CR, but that doesn't mean that someone else won't
nominate CR, and if someone nominates it we'd use it.

My reason for not nominating other Condorcet versions is that we have
websites that can count RP & BeatpathWinner.

Balloting:

I suggest that nominations for candiidates and voting systems  be posted to
EM, and that, when we vote,  Approval votes be posted to EM.

I suggest that the interactive Condorcet websites be used for counting RP &
BeatpathWinner.

Will the owners of the RP counting website and the BeatpathWinner counting
website set up a presidential poll at their websites, and post to EM the
instructions for voters to vote at their count websites? And of course
re-post the URLs?

Mike Ossipoff