No subject

Thu May 8 11:58:05 PDT 2014

> As for the utility of a graph of scores: such a graph has less
> information than a pairwise matrix,  but that doesn't mean it is useless.
> I tend to look at the various "outputs" like this:
>
> Full set of ballots -- all information
     But hard to manually decipher for more than a very few candidates.
> Pairwise matrix -- lots of information
     Including letting anyone compare any two candidates to see how many
voters preferred each over the other (and how many considered neither worth
ranking).
> One score per candidate -- some information
     PROVIDED you can get in more info than ranking provides.  You can get
in a bit more than ranking provides - you can show if #1 is liked MUCH
better than #2 - but hard to explain how to read these scores.
> Ranking -- little information
     BUT, even in Plurality voting, ranking is often desired and often provided.
> Single winner -- least information

                  If you want peace, work for justice.