[EM] MinMax Losing Votes (equal-ranking whole) Margins

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:19:25 PDT 2014

Chris--

Could anyone post a summary of the important differences of the vaious
Smith + CD methods that have been described here, including Benham,
Woodall, MMLV(erw)M, as regards other desirable critera and properties.

For example, I assume that MMLV(erw)M meets Smith, CD, and Mono-Raise, and
that its Mono-Raise compliance could count as an acceptance-advantage over
Benham and Woodall. But what does it lose in return?

Benham and Wooodall seem to be the best at deterring burial against the
sincere CW, when that CW's faction is the largest of three, and the
buriers' faction is the smalest. Of the several Smith + CD methods that I
compared, Benham and Woodall were the only ones that reliably deterred (not
just thwarted) burian by that smallest faction.

That,plus of course Benham and Woodall (but especially Benham) benefit from
their simplicity, and the already popularity of IRV.

Michael Ossipoff