[EM] Software for STV elections - STVBallot

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:36:25 PDT 2014

Dear all,

in the Czech Greens we developed this open source vote-entry and
counting program as an App in Chrome called STVBallot.
It allows for vote counting in a network without any dependance on the
internet and without client-server architecture.
Unfortunately the program is in Czech.
The vote-counting algorithm is standard STV, with the possibility to
combine ranked election of some candidates and the incorporation of
gender quotas, without resorting to "guarding" some candidates
(candidates are quoted after those with higher support are elected).

Download STVBallot into Chrome here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stv-ballot/nckikmpbpcjagehockhckflmmflkifbo

STVBallot was programmed by Vaclav Novak (in copy).
I took part in the analysis, testing and the integration of the
program in our party.

Best regards
Peter Zbornik