[EM] Proportional Socially Ranked Condorcet Election Method

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km_elmet at t-online.de
Mon Feb 3 23:08:16 PST 2014

On 02/04/2014 05:00 AM, Ross Hyman wrote:
> I think all the bugs are out and the claimed properties are satisfied.
>   I think this is the most natural way to combine Condorcet with STV.
>
> Proportional Socially Ranked Condorcet Election Method for Electing n
> Winners

That's interesting. This seems to be another method which reduces to
Condorcet in the single-winner case... and one of the few that don't
require very large and hard-to-understand matrices when electing
multiple winners.

I'm kinda suspecting that "set Condorcet" methods are too complex to see
much real use. Those are the kind of methods where you consider all
candidate sets and run virtual Condorcet competitions among them as if
they were candidates. So methods that don't, yet still reduce to
Condorcet in the single-winner case are quite useful.

Thanks for discovering/inventing this :-)