[EM] Chicken Dilemma--To whom is it a problem?

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 14 23:07:11 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

----- Mail original -----
> De : Michael Ossipoff <email9648742 at gmail.com>
> À : "election-methods at electorama.com" <election-methods at electorama.com>
> Cc :
> Envoyé le : Lundi 14 octobre 2013 19h09
> Objet : [EM] Chicken Dilemma--To whom is it a problem?
>
> Someone at EM (when he was more honest?) said that the chicken dilemma
> is voting-systems' most intractable problem.
>
> But others here say or imply that it won't be a problem.

I hope I don't imply that. I think it's a major problem, likely to be solved mostly by parties pressuring their clones against running in the same election. I generally don't focus on elections with clones for this reason.

You seem to be focused on a very specific scenario, where it is very easy to tell (from the scenario definition) who's defecting from which camp and how to punish them for it. In that setting the Woodall and Benham methods seem adequate to me.

Kevin Venzke