[EM] MMPO(IA>MPO) (was IA/MMPO) correction

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 13 10:17:12 PDT 2013

Mistake:

----- Mail original -----
> De : Kevin Venzke <stepjak at yahoo.fr>
> À : Forest Simmons <fsimmons at pcc.edu>; em <election-methods at electorama.com>
> Cc :
> Envoyé le : Dimanche 13 octobre 2013 12h02
> Objet : Re: [EM] MMPO(IA>MPO) (was IA/MMPO)
>
> Hi Forest,
>
> I read your first message: At first glance I think the new method (elect the
> MMPO winner among those candidates whose IA>=MPO) is good. It doesn't
> seem to gain SFC, which is actually reassuring, that this might be a
> substantially different method from others.

Actually it does satisfy SFC. That's fine too, I guess? So really, the method is a more ranking-sensitive version of MAMPO.

Suppose that SFC disqualifies B due to A. (There's an A>B majority, but no majorities over A.) That means A's IA-MPO is positive. B's IA-MPO could be positive as well. But his MPO is >50% while A's is less. So, B won't win.

Kevin Venzke