[EM] Part 3: Beatpath & Ranked-Pairs

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 06:51:30 PDT 2013

Beatpath and Ranked-Pairs have 2 of the 3 desirable properties that I listed.

But they have the chicken dilemma.

If it could be guaranteed that there'd never be a chicken dilemma,
then I feel that Beatpath and RP would llkely be the best
Green-scenaro methods, because, while meeting the Mutual Majority
Criterion and the Condorcet Criterion,  they look only at pairwise
comparisons.

But it can be guaranteed that there _will_ be chicken dilemma in
public political elections. Some non-official polls, and some
organizational voting might not have chicken dilemma, but the chicken
dilemma can, and often will, occur even in non-official polls and
organizational voting.

A chicken dilemma takes away the benefit of compliance with the Mutual
Majority Criterion (MMC) and the Condorcet Criterion (CC).

Hence my recommendation of Benham and Woodall as the best voting
systems the Green scenario.

Michael Ossipoff