[EM] [CES #8439] "true expressivities" of voting methods

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon May 27 09:53:53 PDT 2013

Interesting, that you can usually calculate the median using 1.5 bits per
grade. That would seem to indicate that a 3-level Bucklin system such as
MCA uses approximately all the info on the ballot. I've also noticed before
that 3-level ballots have another interesting property: the differences
between the Score, MJ, and Condorcet orders are all sharply limited, and
it's impossible to construct pathological MJ examples like the one in the
other thread where nearly all voters prefer X to Y but MJ chooses Y.