[EM] FairVote comment on Burlington dumping IRV

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:31:41 PDT 2013

Abd, I noticed something. I don't want to jump to any conclusions, so I'm
asking you directly.

2013/7/3 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <abd at lomaxdesign.com>

> ... Bucklin ...

 You said "Bucklin", not "EMAV". So, two questions and a comment:

Q1. Why did you change?

Q2. Is there anything that would convince you to switch to saying "MAV"?

Comment: To me, "Bucklin" is not a system, but a class of systems; at a
minimum, it would include all different Progressive-era systems which were
called "Bucklin" at the time, but to me, it includes all
descending-approval-threshold-until-majority systems (including for
instance MJ, GMJ, MCA, and MAV.)

Jameson