[EM] [CES #6984] Re: Wow: new, simple Bucklin motivation for CMJ. So renaming to Graduated MJ.

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Tue Jan 8 11:31:18 PST 2013

On 1/8/13 1:03 PM, Warren Smith wrote:
> So should this realization by Jameson Quinn tell us that all previous historical
> examples of Bucklin voting should be regarded as examples of the
> "Majority-Judgment" median-based system,
> and hence can be used to help evaluate how the latter behaves in practice?
>
> Unfortunately I think not because I think Bucklin voters historically
> were urged to provide rank-orderings not ratings.

well, isn't that how it works for Bucklin?  the inclusion of the
2nd-choice or 3rd-choice votes in the total vote count is a sorta
discrete decision.  then only inequalities exist for the decisions made
by Bucklin.  if that's the case, the only information that matters in
rating candidates are the relative ranks.

i dunno.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com