[EM] Comment on MJ discussion

Andy Jennings elections at jenningsstory.com
Sun Jan 6 21:38:57 PST 2013

> Removing a losing candidate from the ballots and from the election,
> and then re-counting the ballots, shouldn't change the winner.
>
> Approval and Score pass.

Michael, I find it very inconsistent for you to argue so adamantly for
voters to use maximal strategy and then to use a criterion that doesn't
allow them to adjust their ballot when one candidate is dropped.

If voters even do so much as re-normalize their ballot when a losing
candidate is dropped, that can ruin independence of irrelevant alternatives.