[EM] The Green scenario, and IRV in the Green scenario, is a new topic here. Hence these additional comments. Clarification of position and why.

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:31:29 PST 2013

Hi I am afraid a proportional approach in the first round wouldnt
work, it opens up for strategic voting.
Say we have an election with A, B, C.
45 A
30 B A
25 C B A

The first round in a 2-seat election the quota is 34 votes
If we would have a two-round proportional election, then B would win
in the second round.

So A's voters find this out and decide to change their preferences and
10 of the voters of A vote for C
So we have

35 A
30 BA
25 CBA
10 CA

C and A meet in the second round, where A wins.

PZ