[EM] Proposed bullet-voting prohibition criterion

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:06:11 PST 2013

Proposed bullet-voting prohibition criterion

> please just plonk this dude so we can stop thinking about him. it's simple.

[endquote]

Robert seems to think about me continually. If avoiding that was his
goal, he has certainly failed his goal.

Robert's postings consist nearly entirely of angry noises about
someone with whom he disagrees.

"Well, yes, but if we all plonk him, then there will be nobody around to
tell newcomers that he doesn't represent us."

[endquote]

I'm not here tor represent you, nor do I claim to.

On the subject of random-fill incentive, and strategic need to rank
all the candidates, I accurately represented the unconstested
criticism long expressed at EM.

EM's participant-composition changes a lot, over time. This may come
as a shock to Robert and to Kristofer, but being read by them, and, in
general, by people who are upset by what I say, isn't my goal here.

My discussions with Kristofer and with Jameson have run their course.
I stated my arguments, and asked them questions regarding what they
meant, &/or about their justifications of their claims and arguments.
They clarified and justified their positions to whatever extent that
they did .Nothing more needed to be said.

I post because there are things that should be said, on the subject of
voting systems (remember that subject?). I post to say things on the
record, not necessarily because it's important that they be read by
EM's current membership--and certainly not EM's current membership at
this time. I just post in order to do my part, by recording things
that should be said.

Michael Ossipoff