[EM] Addendum re: MM-Woodall and MM-Benham

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:05:55 PST 2013

For MM-Woodall and MM-Benham, I meant use Woodall or Benham to choose
among the innermost MM-preferred set, using only the ballots of those
innermost MM voters.

Like IRV, MM-Woodall and MM-Benham violate the Condorcet Criterion,
and are therefore vulnerable to replacement (wih Woodall, Benham or
AIRV, for example) by a dis-satisfied majority. But in my previous
post, I told why that might not happen.

In fact, if, among the MM-preferred set, the CW's main distinction is
that the non-MM voters would choose her from that set, might not the
CW-preferrers reconsider their first choice?

I mention MM-Woodall and MM-Benham as possibilities, possible
improvements on IRV, if IRV isn't replaced by a more
Condorcet-efficient method, and if there's no majority wish to do so.

Michael Ossipoff