[EM] IC-Smith//Top: Probably MMC & CD, but not FBC.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:43:47 PST 2013

Earlier, I couldn't find any reason why IC-Smith//Top wouldn't meet
FBC, but I don't suppose that Smith is compatible with FBC.

I could be mistaken, but it seems to me that Smith implies MMC.

Since it IC-Smith//Top doesn't meet FBC, then there'd be little reason
to use it instead of IC-Smith//IRV or IC-Smith,IRV.

Maybe the IRV versions would retain IRV's Clone-Independence.

Because FBC isn't met, there'd be less reason to use IC instead of
TUC, for the Condocet or Smith part of the count. But IC would still
make FBC-failure less likely (something that matters in the Green
scneario, but not under current condiions), and make it easier to
protect a non-CW, non-reciprocating compromise, without jeopardizing
one's favorite.

Probably