[EM] MMV and resolvability

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 13:22:54 PST 2013

 The only thing wrong with my ordered-procedure MMV definition was
that I left something out:

MMV (ordered-procedure definition):

A defeat contradicts a set of other defeats if it is in a cycle
consisting of only it and them.

In order of stronger first, consider each defeat as follows:

Keep it unless it contradicts a set of stonger defeats, or a set
consisting of defeats equal to it and defeats stronger than it.

[end of ordered-procedure MMV definition]

Of course an alternative wins if it doesn't have a kept defeat. If
there are more than one winner, and if it is desired to choose just
one alternative, then random-ballot should be used for choosing among
the winners.

By the way, my brief definition doesn't do wrong in Marcus' examples.
It merely doesn;t give any result. "No result" can be construed as a
tie.

Michael Ossipoff