[EM] Alternative algorithms for Yee diagrams.

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 16:11:16 PST 2013

Here's the result of a conversation I had with Claude Heiland-Allen today
about faster algorithms for generating Yee Diagrams.

http://mathr.co.uk/blog/2013-12-11_distance_estimation_for_voting_simulation_visualisation.html

I haven't run any timing tests yet,  so it's not clear if this is faster
as-is or not.   And there is probably substantial room for further
improvement... e.g. in selecting starting points more intelligently.

Also, the obvious generalization of this algorithm to ranked methods would
also slow it down a bit.  But I thought it might be of interest to some
people here on this list.

Best,
Leon