[EM] Clone properties for proportional representation

Ross Hyman rahyman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 8 15:47:03 PDT 2013

I think that the clone properties to look for in proportional representation methods are:

Increasing the clones in a clone set should not decrease the number of winners from the clone set and should not make a looser that is outside the clone set into a winner.
and
Decreasing the clones in a clone set should not increase the number of winners from the clone set and should not make a winner that is outside the clone set into a looser.

I don't know if the STV method I proposed or other STV methods that derive from clone-proof single winner methods satisfies these or not.