[EM] Introduction

Richard Fobes ElectionMethods at VoteFair.org
Fri Oct 26 13:12:23 PDT 2012

Jon, welcome!

To add to Jon's self-introduction, I'll say to other participants here
that, based on my earlier interactions with him, Jon quickly comprehends
plain-English voting explanations, which is an appreciated contrast to
many reform-minded folks who, in my opinion, are fixated on symptoms
rather than solutions.

Jon, we appreciate that you can help us get our knowledge of election
methods in front of the countless voters who are trying to figure out
ways to improve the election system.

Especially, thank you for posting this group's (executive summary of
the) "Declaration of Election-Method Reform Advocates" on your website
and thereby helping more people understand the root of our unfair
election system.  This explains why recently there have been some new
Facebook "likes" for the associated Facebook page.

When you are ready to announce your Rebuild Democracy project (along
with the big names), Adrian at Democracy Chronicles (.com), who
participates here, can help you promote it at his online "newspaper."

Clarification to Adrian: Jon is the person who asked for my opinion
about Arizona's proposition for a so-called "top-two" primary, which led
to using what I wrote to Jon as the content for my recent article at
Democracy Chronicles.

Jon, thanks for joining us.

Richard Fobes