[EM] Let's clear up some confusion

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:56:24 PDT 2012

Juho--

A follow-up addendum to my answer to your question:

Of course a method's count-rule should always be available to anyone
who wants it.

When recommending Symmetrical ICT for informational polling, or even
when introducing a poll (if time &/or print-space permits it) I'd
certainly tell what the count rule is, or at least emphasize
Symmetrical ICT interprets rankings more in keeping with the voter's
preference and intent, as compared with unimproved Condorcet. Of
course anyone who asks in what way that's so should receive a good
complete answer.

When I told about the ICT count in the Democracy Chronicles poll, I
emphasized that the information is optional. The main thing that the
voter needs to know are the strategic considerations. I gave those
when I introduced the poll. Additionally, I told the count rule, for
anyone who might be interested.

Mike Ossipoff