[EM] 3 or more choices - Condorcet

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 07:31:23 PDT 2012

Everyone here agrees that natural (sincere) circular ties would be
rare. Also, the choice is a lot less clear when there isn't a circular
tie. For those reasons, it matters much less what a rank method does
when there isn't a CW.

I read that Condorcet(margins) fails the Plurality Criterion. Did you
know that, Juho?

The Plurality Criterion is one of those "embarrassment criteria". It
could be important because it could be used to easily defeat an
enactment proposal. That was why I ceased advocating MMPO.   ...along
with burial strategy.

That's another thing about Margins: It has much more problem with
burial and truncation to defeat a sincere CW, as compared with wv. And
wv has a burial problem that its advocates are in denial about too.

By the way, speaking of denial, people at EM are in denial about the
feasibility problems of rank-methods in general. I've discussed them
enough that it isn't necessary to explain what I mean about that.

Mike Ossipoff