[EM] Clone-Independence, ICT, Symmetrical ICT

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 02:46:28 PDT 2012

Though I asked for a precise definition of Clone-Independence, that
isn't necessary in order to show a problem when there are clones.

I couldn't find a problem with clones in Approval, Score, ICT or
Symmetrical ICT.

Obviously, the burden of proof must be on the person claiming that
there is an example showing a problem. That person must produce an
example of the problem that he claims, or at least in some way
demonstrate that one exists.

My tentative, questioning, definition of Clone-Independence, posted
yesterday, doesn't work as intended, because Plurality passes that
criterion, and Plurality is known to have a big problem when there are
clones.

But that's ok. This matter can be settled by someone posting or not
posting a clone problem example for Approval, Score, ICT or
Symmetrical ICT.

Copeland and Plurality definitely have a clone problem (but not the
same one, of course).

Mike Ossipoff