[EM] A few methods that pass, and a few methods that fail CD

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:35:31 PDT 2012

A few methods that pass CD:

ICT
Symmetrical ICT
MMPO
MDDTR

A few methods that fail CD:

Beatpath, RP, Kemeny, VoteFair, MinMax(wv) and apparently all
traditional unimproved Condorcet versions.

Approval and Score don't pass CD either. But, as I said before, it's
so easy to automatically avoid the chicken dilemma nuisance with a
rank method that there's no excuse for a rank method to fail CD, and
so no rank method that fails CD should be considered.

I consider CD-compliance to be the only significant improvement by ICT
over Approval and Score.

Along with Approval and Score, MJ, too, fails CD.

Also, the chicken dilemma and FBC are relevant to the question of
whether a method's Condorcet Criterion compliance means anything.

IRV passes CD, but it's particularly flagrant FBC failure (among other
things) disqualifies it for elections.

Speaking of IRV, I should add that it of course meets ZLNHe, because
it meets LNHe.

Mike Ossipoff