[EM] An omission in my EM posting about Symmetrical ICT

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 07:46:59 PDT 2012

Though it was by accident that I posted my Electowiki Symmetrical ICT
revision to EM, still, having done so, I should also post to EM what
was missing from the version that I posted to EM. In that version, I
left out the very thing that was needed to make Symmetrical ICT work
as intended:

After the line:

X beats Y iff (X>Y) + (X=Y)B > (Y>X) + (X=Y)T,

...this should follow::

...except that two candidates can't beat eachother. If, by the above
beat-condition line, two candidates beat eachother, then only one of
them beats the other. The one that beats the other is the one that is
ranked over the other on more ballots than vice-versa.

[end of added clause]

That change has, of course, already been made to the Electowiki article.

Mike Ossipoff