[EM] Trade CC for MMC? Weak FBC. Natural Schwartz-set definition.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 07:54:22 PST 2012

Trade CC for MMC?:

Conditional ER-Bucklin (as ER-Bucllin is defined at electowiki) (I
abbreviate it ACBucklin or AOCBucklin,depending on whether the
conditionality is optional) meets:

FBC, CD, LNHe, and MMC.

AOCBucklin effectively meets CD if people use conditionality when
needed in the chicken dilemma.

Compared to Symmetrical ICT, AOCBucklin would amount to trading
Condorcet for MMC. For official public elections, that's a good trade.
MMC seems better the than Condorcet Criterion in official public
elections (for which I don't propose rank methods anyway). For
informational polling, the Condorcet Criterion can be valuable.

Weak FBC?

People have discussed a stronger FBC than the usual one, and I don't
agree that it's needed. I don't call FBC "Weak FBC". But there could
be a weaker, but useful, FBC:

How about a non-top 0-info FBC:

Adding another candidate to top shouldn't reduce the probability of
the winner being one of your top-voted candidates, unless in regards
to that candidate beating another top-voted candidate.

[end of non-top 0-info FBC (Weak FBC)]

It seems to me that Symmetrical IC-Schwartz-Top meets that Weak FBC.
Likewise Symmetrical IC-Beatpath(lv) and Symmetrical IC-RP(lv), though
I'm less sure about those latter two.

The real problem, the big problem, with FBC-violation is people's
belief in the Democrat disinformation--the belief that the Democrat is
acceptable, in spite of hir corruption, and the belief that the winner
must be a Democrat or a Republican.

But maybe the Democrat disinformation would be more difficult to
achieve if it means convincing people that moving a candidate to top
will cause him to beat someone else, thereby forming a beatpath to
another top-ranked candidate, from a candidate that didn't previous
have a beatpath to hir, or spoiling a beatpath from hir to someone,
_but wouldn't do the reverse_. I think that might be a difficult thing
to convince people of.

Hence the value of meeting Weak FBC.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to trade FBC for Weak FBC, MMC, and
Clone-Independence. I don't regard Clone-Independence as necessary,
but it would be a nice luxury. MMC would definitely be nice to have.
So maybe that trade would be worthwhile.

That trade, it (right now, without a lot of study) seems to me, would
be made by using Symmetrical-IC-Schwartz-Top instead of Symmetrical
ICT.

But, I still must disclaim that ICT and Symmetrical ICT are the only
IC methods that I make definite claims for, at this time.

Natural Schwartz-set definition:

When looking for unbeaten candidates, disregard cyclical defeats.

Mike Ossipoff