[EM] Symmetrical IC-RP(losing-votes) or Symmetrical IC-Beatpath(losing-votes)?

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:01:46 PST 2012

What if equal ranking at top and bottom were treated as in Symmetrical
ICT, but the completion was by Beatpath or Ranked-Pairs, instead of by
top-count? If it was Beatpath(losing-votes), or
Ranked-Pairs(losing-votes), would that confer CD compliance, avoiding
the Approval bad-example?

It seems to me that I once noticed that Smith is incompatible with
FBC. The above-described method would meet Smith, wouldn't it? Then I
don't suppose it could meet FBC. Could any Beatpath; or Ranked-Pairs
method meet FBC?

The top-end Improved-Condorcet improvement avoids one cause of
FBC-failure, but meeting Smith might cause FBC-failure in another way.

So I'm still asking if it's possible to meet FBC, CD, Condorcet
Criterion, 0-info LNHe, Clone-Independence, and MMC.

Smith is mostly for show, but MMC would be nice to have.

If losing-votes has the ability to meet CD, then maybe Symmetrical
IC-Ranked-Pairs(lv) or Symmetrical IC-Beatpath(lv) would have a chance
of accomplishing that.

But all of those criterion-compliances seems like too much to ask,
especially if Smith and FBC are mutually incompatible.

Mike Ossipoff