[EM] Maybe margins is better than wv...but still not nearly good enough.

Michael Ossipoff email9648742 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 06:19:21 PST 2012

It seems to me that Ranked-Pairs(margins) and Beatpath(margins) meet
0-Info Sincerity, along with IRV and Approval.

It also now seems ot me that (as I said in a recent posting) the
detailed information needed for ranking other than 0-info will
typically be unavailable in Condorcet.

...except for the special (currently-existing) case in which most
people have been convinced that the Democrat is acceptable, and that
the winner must be a Democrat or a Republican, in which case, in
Ranked-Pairs, Beatpath, and all TUC methods, the optimal strategy
consists of ranking the Democrat alone in 1st place.

So, though I used to say that wv is more burial-resistant than
margins, maybe TUC(margins) is better than TUC(wv), because the
idetailed nformation needed for offensive burial won't be available.

But of course, if TUC(margins)'s Plurality Criterion failure is
permissible, then why not just use MMPO instead. MMPO meets FBC, LNHa
and CD.

No Ranked-Pairs, Beatpath, or other TUC method is good enough,
because, with our current electorate, FBC is necessary. Also, there's
no excuse for a rank method to fail CD.

Mike Ossipooff