[EM] Juho,5/25/12, roughly 2230 UT

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 25 01:39:13 PDT 2012

I'll add one additional question right away in order not to delay the discussion by one more round.

On 25.5.2012, at 0.17, Michael Ossipoff wrote:

> Juho says:
>
> I assume that the strategy applies at least to all typical winning votes based Condorcet methods.
>
> Am I on the correct track so far?
>
> [endauote]
>
> Yes, I’d say that, under the conditions I described, favorite-burial is optimal in all Condorcet(wv) versions. But the sometime optimality of favorite-burial is, by definition, a property of all FBC-failing methods. I’m not trying to single-out Condorcet(wv). It’s just one of many FBC-failing methods.

The definition of term "Condorcet(wv)" is not fully straight forward. I assume that the definition covers at least the case where we have a top loop of three candidates, and one of those looped candidates has the smallest worst loss of all candidates when measured as winning votes, and that candidate shall win. Is the strategy valid in this special case only or maybe in all situations in all methods that meet the definition of Condorcet(wv) that I gave above?

Juho